Monday, February 16, 2009

Relief is Spelled W-I-N-E

Relief. I decided to relax, go to the beach, and make a nice dinner including a glass of Beaujolais-Village 2005...actually a bottle.

What am I celebrating? Nothing in particular. I have this week off from
work and didn't want to work myself into a tizzy to get ELATION into the director of Socrates Sculpture Park, if it is highly unlikely it has a chance to be installed there. I thought like Pooh...think...think...think and I came up with the facts that:

1- I am not ready to present Elation
2- I want to include this blog
3- I will present Elation at a later date
4- I want to focus on my writing Education of a Mime to
add to my Marcel Marceau and Me memoir and to focus on sending it out to be published.

After such positive feedback from The New Yorker, I am motivated to continue to send it out to be published.

I also want to find an agent to represent me by sending The Marcel Marceau and Me memoir and indicate that I am continuing to write a book.

My advice to any artists reading this is to enjoy the process of creation and marketing and keep moving forward and refining your craft and your knowledge of the business of art. There are snags along the way, but if you persevere, you will not be sorry. If you stop, get stuck--then the I could've, should've, would'ves will start tumbling in your head!

No comments: