Monday, November 3, 2008

Going Digital

I have posted a photo! I took it at Vernon Park which is across from the Queensbridge Project apartment houses. It is of a colorful hopscotch on a playground, a sharp contrast to the struggles I imagine of those who live across from it.

This is a first step in the evolving project Elation. The sculpture will resemble a playground aparatus, yet it is for adults and made of wood - possibly painted in bright colors.

The hopscotch is a first step or jump to visualize the final piece - to stimulate its metamorphosis.
I took many pics of playground equipment, yet I haven't been able to put up a slideshow yet.

This is a new beginning. I am excited. The addition of using a digital camera is moving me forward and helping me think in more concrete terms.

Eventually, I will post many photos that focus on this project. Then, a blueprint-type drawing and perhaps a model. Please feel free to comment.

1 comment:

Wanderer said...

Congratulations on your first photo posting! I love it. Makes me think of when I was a kid. A good beginning Nancy.

Kate : )