Saturday, September 27, 2008

What's In a Blog?

I've been blogging and blogging and blogging and I am getting blogged down lately.
What's in a blog? Mine is about depression and elation. Big topic! I could go on and on and blog and blog and blog. But...what is the purpose of the blog?

Originally to focus on this multi-discipline piece and Elation...to keep the focus as my friend Melissa has coached me. Well...then it is interactive so....the people who comment and suggest help to form its format too.

Also, I have been reading and reading and reading blogs and blogs and blogs. I am a blog junkie. There are so many with so many and then there are websites that a blog may turn into. It may become a business and not just a means of sharing with friends and new acquaintances who may become friends.

Then there is the important aspect of this space where I share my experiences, my gut, my poetry, my connection to writing-slideshows-music. I am also blogging selfishly for me. A good selfish? Yes. A good one. This is my open diary to the world. I have come out of the closet as one who has suffered many debilitating depressions and to yell quietly in words that I am still here and worthy. Worthy of what? Worthy to be an artist who has a message or messages and who is talented and has a craft...as an actress, mime, writer. Who do I think I am? I think I am someone who must express her truth.

No comments: