Thursday, January 3, 2008

Sculpture Project: Corrosive Metals

I noticed a meeting posted in the cafeteeria where I work...probably for Science Teachers about a meeting at NYU entitled "corrosive metals" . It perked my interest! I am beginning to question the how to's of making the Sculpture and the viability of it being underground and outside???...Does it need a pothole-like cover....I am wondering how the weather will affect it???

Noguchi wanted his pieces that are outdoors to be unprotected and to allow nature to take its course. However, his pieces are made of natural material not harmful to humans or the environment...stone or wood.

Perhaps I should rethink the material??? I think I need to consult with someone more knowledgeable about this. If anyone reading this has any info, please let me know.

No comments: