Thursday, January 31, 2008

More Healing and Joy

-- the healing -- the joy. We need to know about the "light at the end of the tunnel".

I am listening to the inner voice that tells me I am capable and good enough. I no longer wait for others to give me the "go ahead". It is still nice to hear compliments...but I also have learned over the years that it is "OKAY" to compliment oneself. It doesn't mean you are an egotist or arrogant or even on that road. The way to keep humble is to realize it is not just about "me". Arrogance is caused, i think, by a lack of awareness that others exist and know some stuff you don't. NOOne on the planet knows it all. Noone on the planet knows nothing.

Remember the lyrics of that great Beatle song...NOWHERE MAN???

"Nowhere Man please listen. Nowhere Man you don't know what you're missin. The world is at your command. Doesn't have a point of view. Knows not where he's going to. Isn't he a bit like you and me?" Can you relate to these lyrics? I can.

I want to listen. I want to know the things I am missing. This is spiritual to me. Awareness, I have found, is the key to knowing one's self and the world around us.

I think people who have a heightened sensitivity have some difficulty feeling accepted. The rhinoceri of this world seem to expect resiliency at every turn. Look to the artists -- painters, poets, actors/actresses...any original thinkers...they were thought to be "out of touch".

We have ourselves and those who love and nurture our uniqueness to thank that this world is beautiful. Once recently I told a very close friend..."I can't stand dealing with all these money issues. I wish I could just spend all my time creating." She joked, "Why don't you make a sculpture with all your money in the bank." She made me laugh at my silly flip way of looking at the need for logical actions in life.

No comments: