Monday, January 7, 2008

Dear Precious Human Being

The following is a letter I wrote to people who are experiencing a severe depression either in a hospital or not. It felt like my clinical depressions happened to me like "out of nowhere"...and it was always very frightening!!!!

The following letter was written while I was attending an incredible "Meditation Workshop" by a wonderful psychiatrist and human being who I believe opened up my consciousness in a way I never had before. I do believe, that spiritually, we connect to others that have teachings to share with us.

The first thing the psychiatrist said to me when I met him in this outpatient program was..."Are you spiritual?" If I were a cartoon character, my head would have done more than a double-take and my eyes would have popped out and back into my head. I had been desperately seeking relief from a deep, dark depression and had always found each one somehow "spiritual". It was as if he could read my mind.


to be continued...getting too tired)... will post the letter another time...tbd

No comments: