Thursday, October 16, 2008

"A Secret" (the film) and a Dogwood Pendant

I walked into this lovely ceramic shop (The Potter's Wheel?) on Lefferts Boulevard in Kew
Gardens today... still in a daze from the effect upon me of the film "A Secret" that so moved me.

"Are you alright?" asked a kind-hearted woman standing up from her work on the wheel.

"Oh, yes." I replied and then continued on fingering the lovely ceramic necklaces hanging from their leather strings and realized I was looking for a gift for a dear friend whose birthday is coming up.

And ... now I have grown so attached to the dogwood pendant and the encounter - I decided to keep it. Is it wrong? The friend does not know and I somehow sense there is a secret connection about the dogwood. Margaret told me it is a very unusal flower because it grows upon a tree and is flat. I have done a search and found some photos on flickr. It is so lovely.

I was dazed and confused, but as if floating in a bubble of images of France, another time, another dimension...and this healing shop of clay and busy creators - I was attracted to the dogwood pendant. The artist, Margaret Wozniak was there teaching a class and came over not realizing one of her pieces was still hanging there.

Margaret and I talked about the dogwood and I spoke about the film "Who Does She Think She Is" that I will see at Angelika tomorrow night and we exchanged our addresses.

Here is Margaret's site: http://www.margaretwozniakceramics.com/

Please look at the images of the dogwoods and listen to the music: A Song from a Secret Garden
Fionnuala Sherry and Rolf Løvland

1 comment:

Wanderer said...

Wow, Margaret's work is beautiful.

No, it's not wrong that you kept the pendant. It spoke to you and you answered and now when you look at the pendant it will remind you of your dear friend too and of a special film.

Thanks for giving me a call Nancy. You're great.

Kate