Thursday, October 30, 2008

If Patience is a Virtue, Why is Technology So Damn Fast?

I usually try to watch my language. I was raised that way. I was taught that it is a weak mind that resorts to profanity to express a point. Perhaps. But it feels so DAMN good sometimes to just get it out. I suppose damn isn't a rough one anyway.

I just see my mother looking over at me shaking her head and tsk tsking at me. Funny how we internalize another's approval or disapproval.

So ... anyway... the point is that I must sit on my hands and wait....wait....wait...

I will post the photos this Friday night or Saturday day... The photos are of Socrates Sculpture Park and what is there now. I always feel radically free there - my soul can run. Dogs and their owners are always there - roaming and cavorting...children running around on the grass and interacting with the sculptures.

The talk about Shirley Noguchi was very interesting. Just going to the Noguchi Museum was like attending a holy ceremony for me. Museums and galleries often feel more like sancturaries than synagogues and churches for me. I like to wander and get lost in thought.

1 comment:

Wanderer said...

Hi Nancy,

Well, congratulations on getting a digital camera! It will be a lot of fun once you get the hang of it. I'm looking forward to seeing your photographs. Do you have a sketch yet for Elation? I like your blog entries a lot lately. You're sounding good--awake, alive, involved.

Kate