Monday, July 14, 2008

Deciding

There was a time in my life that this was my most difficult problem...making decisions. I feared making a mistake. I would weigh the pros and cons and then not decide, because I was afraid that I would not be right. Then someone told me, not making a decision WAS making a decision and that it would affect my life. YIKES!!!!

Well...here I am now. I have a lot of time on my hands now this summer and I must structure my time. So I am the master of my fate, right? Relax and let whatever moves me to action? That is not what I want to do. I want to move to the next steps of publishing the Marcel Marceau memoire piece and also completing and sending my proposal to various sculpture parks for ELATION. A friend and mentor of mine says that the writing of the proposal IS a creative process. I will trust the process more. Funny ....it appeals to me more to write it now, just because I believe there is something creative about it.

So...no matter what we consciously want to do in this life, it seems we need to take steps to get there. The "getting it" or "our expression" out into the world is an act of trust. Some will encourage and respond positively and some will not and that is okay. I suppose the perfectionist in me is holding on and telling me not to let go. But...my head tells me..."You have to let go at some point". If not, we will continue to hold and hide and not get our message out. Isn't that part of the role of an artist to "get the message out". "I am sending out an S.O.S. to the world. I hope someone gets my message in a bottle."

No comments: