Saturday, May 3, 2008

Prends La Risque (Take the Risk)

Take the risk is a phrase that we often heard when I was studying mime at Marceau's school in Paris. It meant we should be open to discover, to be courageous and not fear.

I always took risks and considered myself an adventurer. Being born on Columbus Day, I always had it in my head that I was meant to discover something. Not really sure what, but something.

I learned that it is sometimes good to be cautious. I was afraid of missing out on the adventures. I know others who don't take risks. Others still who somehow find themselves metaphorically dangling from a cliff and don't know how they got there.

I try to lead with my heart and mind and trust my intuition. Many years ago, I probably led myself mostly by my heart...passions...a total romantic. I still am romantic, but experience has taught me to trust my mind when it gives me warning signals. I try to give myself time to structure and ignore sometimes my urges to ignore time. Like right now I am telling myself....Go to sleep. I listen. I will soon.

Joy is all around us. We can find it in the simplest ways. Sometimes our heads get in the way of our happiness... Sometimes our hearts.... and basically, not letting go....good nite. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

No comments: